- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Oregon Inlet Fishing Center. This full-service marina leads fishing excursions and has supplies such as bait, tackle, ice, and fuel for the fisherman. The National Park Service maintains an adjacent boat launch. 98 Rte. 12, north end of Oregon Inlet Bridge, Roanoke Island, NC, 27954. 252/441–6301 or 800/272–5199. www.oregon-inlet.com.
Pirates Cove Yacht Club and Marina. This yacht club and marina has a deep-water, charter dock as well as a restaurant, a kiddy pool and playground, a fitness center, and a pavilion for private events. 2000 Sailfish Dr., Manteo, NC, 27954. 252/473–3906 or 800/367–4728. www.fishpiratescove.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's