- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nick's Diner Review
Every corner of this colorful, downtown place is jammed with cool art and collectibles, everything from Coca-Cola trays to wind-up toys. A huge Batman painting hangs by the front door. A frame holds one of late rocker Kurt Cobain's sweaters. The counter is shaped like a Beatles guitar. Don't be fooled by the decor though, this third-generation family diner serves breakfast all day, serious comfort food, and a few unexpected surprises. Try the creamy macaroni and cheese baked in mini cast-iron skillets—you can get them topped with prime rib or even a whole, steamed lobster. Soft-shell crab is as common on the menu as the signature Ohio City Burger topped with ham, bacon, sausage, and a fried egg.
- Address: 127 N. Front St., Wilmington, NC 28401
- Phone: 910/341–7655
- Location: Wilmington
- Reservations not accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
This is a beautiful peak near Charlotte, at 5,946 feet (1,812 m), it is the highest peak on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of the major chains of the Appalachian Mountains. Read more
I found some useful info here on fodors when I was researching our recent trip two weeks south. Read more
With the help of the advice I received here, two of us had an interesting, and delicious, journey from our home in NYC to a rental condo in south Florida last December. Read more
· News & Features
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. ... Read more
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St.... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more