- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Native Wilmingtonian chef Keith Rhodes is a James Beard Award nominee who sources local seafood for inspired Asian- and Southern-influenced dishes that lately have attracted celebrities like Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow. Copper fish sculptures decorate the dining room's sky blue walls. Cognac cream tops fried Firecracker Shrimp sprinkled with sesame seeds. Sherry, chorizo, and shiitake mushrooms enliven shrimp and grits. Locals love the classic fried seafood platters. Landlubbers get smoked paprika-seasoned ribs and duck confit with black truffled fried rice.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
Ideas for a cute town, good food for a stop halfway from Charleston to Richmond. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more