- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ocracoke Island Beaches
Ocracoke Island Beaches Review
The 16 miles of undeveloped shoreline here was named America's number one beach in 2007 by Dr. Beach (Stephen P. Leatherman, director of the Laboratory for Coastal Research at Florida International University). These beaches are among the least populated and most beautiful on the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. The shelling is amazing, the solitude unparalleled. Four public-access areas are close to the main beach road, Route 12, and easy to spot; just look for large brown and white wooden signs. Amenities: parking, toilets. Best for: solitude, sunrise, sunset, surfing, swimming, windsurfing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
This is a beautiful peak near Charlotte, at 5,946 feet (1,812 m), it is the highest peak on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of the major chains of the Appalachian Mountains. Read more
My husband and I are going via pop-up to the smokies and back to Maryland. Read more