- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher
North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher Review
The oceanfront aquarium features a 235,000-gallon saltwater tank that's home to sharks, stingrays, and the most recent additions, a Goliath grouper and green moray eel. Twice a day, scuba divers enter the multistory tank and answer questions from the onlookers. Other exhibits feature creatures of the deep from every undersea corner of the earth. There's a touch tank, a tank with glowing jellyfish, an albino alligator, and turtle ponds. Kids love the life-size replica of a megladon shark, complete with fossilized teeth found in North Carolina.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
If you plan to visit Asheville on a weekend this spring, better book your hotel or B&B room ahead. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more