- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Moore's Creek National Battlefield
Moore's Creek National Battlefield Review
American patriots not only ambushed charging Loyalists on this site on February 27, 1776, but they also seized the equivalent of $1 million in British sterling. The battle is reenacted on the anniversary each year, and a 10-minute film shot on the site and shown in the visitor center tells the story, with professional actors playing the parts. See it before walking an interpretive trail lining the battlefield. Exhibits also fill the visitor center, and the 85-acre park is a wildlife habitat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
If you plan to visit Asheville on a weekend this spring, better book your hotel or B&B room ahead. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more