- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Poplar Grove Historic Plantation
Poplar Grove Historic Plantation Review
Take a tour of what was once the first major peanut farm in North Carolina, the 1850 Greek Revival manor house, and its outbuildings. You can also see blacksmith, weaving, and basket-making demonstrations as well as farm animals (goats, sheep, horses, geese, and chickens). On Wednesday, from 8 to 1, April through December, there is a farmers' market selling local foods, plants, and crafts. The site adjoins the 67-acre Abbey Nature Preserve, where birding and hiking are offered.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
This is a beautiful peak near Charlotte, at 5,946 feet (1,812 m), it is the highest peak on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of the major chains of the Appalachian Mountains. Read more
My husband and I are going via pop-up to the smokies and back to Maryland. Read more