- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Roanoke Island Festival Park
Roanoke Island Festival Park Review
This multi-functional attraction sits on the waterfront in Manteo. Costumed interpreters conduct tours of the 69-foot ship, Elizabeth II, a representation of a 16th-century vessel, but you can also help them set the sails, plot a course, and swab the decks. The 25-acre state park also has an interactive museum representing 400 years of Outer Banks history as well as a gift shop, a re-created 16th-century settlement site, a Native American exhibit, a fossil pit, plays and concerts at indoor and outdoor venues, arts-and-crafts exhibitions, and special programs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
If you plan to visit Asheville on a weekend this spring, better book your hotel or B&B room ahead. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more