- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Most people drive to the northern beaches via U.S. 17, 64, and 264, which all link to the local U.S. 158 and Route 12. Some commercial and charter flights are available from nearby airports. Plan your time wisely, as heavy traffic can lead to long travel delays in summer. Marked paths and wide shoulders accommodate bikers and walkers along some main roads. Guided tours are available, too. Still, a car is essential for getting around on your own time.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's