- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kure Beach and Carolina Beach
A resort community on a strip of sand locals know as Pleasure Island, Kure Beach contains Fort Fisher State Historic Site and one of North Carolina's three aquariums. In some places twisted live oaks still grow behind the dunes. The community has miles of beaches; public access points are marked by orange-and-blue signs. A stroll down the old-fashioned Carolina Beach boardwalk, lighted at night, is fun for the family or a romantic cap to an evening.
Kure Beach and Carolina Beach at a Glance
Elsewhere in The North Carolina Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's