The North Carolina Coast Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The North Carolina Coast Hotel Reviews
Hundreds of rental properties are available. Small beach cottages can be had, but increasingly so-called sand castles—large multistory homes—suit large groups. Motels and hotels clustered all along the Outer Banks are still the more affordable way to go.
Throughout the coast, the main choices are cottages, condos, and waterfront resorts. Chain hotels have outlets here, too, but you can also stay at a surprising number of small, family-run lodgings. You might also consider one of many quaint bed-and-breakfasts often filled with antiques and managed by accommodating hosts. Always ask about special packages (price breaks on multiple-night stays) and off-season rates. Most hotels, inns, and B&Bs on the coast offer free parking on their property, a few have street parking only, but you can expect not to pay parking fees even at the priciest hotels.
Browse The North Carolina Coast Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe