- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From the north, reach Bodie Island via U.S. 158 to Route 12. From the east, take U.S. 64/264 to U.S. 158 and then Route 12. South of the Outer Banks, U.S. 70 leads to Route 12 but requires a couple of ferry rides. Some commercial and charter flights are available from nearby airports. Tour buses visit major sites, but a car is necessary to travel around freely.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's