- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Beaufort is near the far eastern end of U.S. 70, which links to U.S. 17 to the north at New Bern. The town has a small airstrip but no commercial flights. For boaters, it's located along the intracoastal waterway, and downtown docks are available. The closest major airport is in New Bern. The town is a perfect park-and-stroll location, with historic sites, museums, and a retail center all within walking distance of each other.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's