- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU), off Interstate 40 between the two cities, is served by most major airlines. RDU Airport Taxi Service provides taxi service from the airport.
Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT), served by most major airlines, is west of Charlotte off Interstate 85. From the airport, taxis charge a set fee to designated zones; the cost is $13 to $25 (plus $2 for each additional passenger after the first two) to most destinations in Charlotte. Just west of Greensboro, the Piedmont Triad International Airport (PTI) is off Route 68 north from Interstate 40; it's served by Allegiant Air, American Eagle, Continental Express, Delta, United, and US Airways. Taxi service to and from PTI is provided by Piedmont Triad Airport Transportation.
Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (5501 Josh Birmingham Pkwy., Airport/Coliseum, Charlotte, NC, 28208. 704/359-4013. www.charlotteairport.com.)
Piedmont Triad International Airport (6451 Bryan Blvd., Greensboro, NC, 27409. 336/665-5666. www.flyfrompti.com.)
PTI Airport Transportation (6415 Bryan Blvd., Greensboro, NC, 27409. 336/668-9808.)
Raleigh-Durham International Airport (1600 Terminal Blvd., Morrisville, NC, 27623. 919/840-2123. www.rdu.com.)
RDU Airport Taxi Service (1600 Terminal Blvd., Raleigh-Durham, NC, 27623. 919/840-7277. www.rdutaxiinc.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's