- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The center of the Sandhills, Southern Pines is a good place to begin exploring the region. Perhaps because its golf resorts are out of town, this little spot feels homier than its bordering villages and attracts a more low-key crowd. This is a great place to stroll, window shop, eat a leisurely lunch, and generally lose yourself between tee times.
Southern Pines at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Central North Carolina
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's