- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Allen and Son Barbecue
Allen and Son Barbecue Review
If you're hankering for the tang of vinegar-based BBQ sauce, this is the 'cue for you. Located a bit out of town, this family-owned spot has been serving slow-cooked pork plates, sandwiches, and all the traditional fixins' for decades. Though the interior is a bit worn and the hours can be unpredictable, all kinds of people make the pilgrimage to this out-of-the-way landmark daily. Make a point to try the famous hush puppies.
- Address: 6203 Millhouse Rd., Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- Phone: 919/942–7576
- Location: Chapel Hill
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No dinner Tues. and Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
This is a beautiful peak near Charlotte, at 5,946 feet (1,812 m), it is the highest peak on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of the major chains of the Appalachian Mountains. Read more
My husband and I are going via pop-up to the smokies and back to Maryland. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more