- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Holly Inn
At a Glance
- beautiful and more relaxed than its sister property, the Carolina
- great in-house restaurants
- attentive staff heighten the luxurious experience
- folks looking for the ultimate Pinehurst experience might prefer staying closer to the golf course
- lacks some modern amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
The Holly Inn Review
The first hotel in the village when it opened in 1895, the Holly has crown molding, elegant lighting, and other architectural features that make that era come back to life. The 1895 Grille ($$$$) serves a semiformal breakfast and dinner, with a seasonally changing menu. The more casual and pubby Tavern ($$) features a patio. It's known for its caramelized five-onion soup and chicken salad.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
There's a sweepstakes taking place, via TravelPro, where you could win two tickets to the U.S. Open® Championship (which also includes airfare, hotel, and more prizes).
Details can be found here Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more