- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- guests get a real sense of history and a neighborhood feel
- the surrounding area is a great place to stroll
- some bathrooms have older fixtures
- not in walking distance to nightlife spots
Check Rates from our Partners
Duke Mansion Review
Spending a night at this historic, luxurious inn seems more like borrowing a wealthy friend's estate than spending a night in a hotel. The well-preserved property was once home to Duke University benefactor James Buchanan Duke. The inn is now run by a nonprofit organization. A few of the rooms have original fixtures, including bathtubs and vanities. Spacious sleeping-porch balconies overlook the well-maintained grounds. Modern amenities include flat-screen TVs, comfortable beds, and cozy robes. In the morning, a full breakfast is served in the dining room.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
There's a sweepstakes taking place, via TravelPro, where you could win two tickets to the U.S. Open® Championship (which also includes airfare, hotel, and more prizes).
Details can be found here Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more