Although the congregation was founded in 1788, the current wooden church was built in the 1860s. Often used for weddings and other festive events, it has preserved its slave gallery as well as exterior bullet holes from a Civil War battle. The cemetery, where many early settlers are buried, is always open. Guided tours are available by appointment. Call two weeks in advance.