- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Tavern in Old Salem
The Tavern in Old Salem Review
Now under new owners, this landmark has two very distinct personalities. By day, costumed staff serve dishes that hark back to Moravian times. By night, it morphs into something fancier, with staff wearing black aprons and serving contemporary fare to candle-lit tables. While this is a big change for the historic spot, much of its past remains: the trademark chicken pies and gingerbread with lemon ice cream are still on the menu. Extra touches at this family-run establishment include desserts and breads made from scratch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
If you plan to visit Asheville on a weekend this spring, better book your hotel or B&B room ahead. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more