- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mert's Heart and Soul
Mert's Heart and Soul Review
Business executives and arts patrons make their way to Mert's—named for Myrtle, a favorite customer with a sunny disposition. Owners James and Renee Bezzelle serve large portions of Lowcountry and Gullah staples, such as fried chicken with greens, macaroni and cheese, corn bread, shrimp-and-salmon omelets, and red beans and rice. Buckwheat and sweet-potato pancakes draw a weekend brunch crowd.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
If you plan to visit Asheville on a weekend this spring, better book your hotel or B&B room ahead. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more