- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mert's Heart and Soul
Mert's Heart and Soul Review
Business executives and arts patrons make their way to Mert's—named for Myrtle, a favorite customer with a sunny disposition. Owners James and Renee Bezzelle serve large portions of Lowcountry and Gullah staples, such as fried chicken with greens, macaroni and cheese, corn bread, shrimp-and-salmon omelets, and red beans and rice. Buckwheat and sweet-potato pancakes draw a weekend brunch crowd.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
This is a beautiful peak near Charlotte, at 5,946 feet (1,812 m), it is the highest peak on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of the major chains of the Appalachian Mountains. Read more
My husband and I are going via pop-up to the smokies and back to Maryland. Read more