Central North Carolina Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Central North Carolina Restaurant Reviews
In the Piedmont it's almost as easy to grab a bagel, empanada, or spanakopita as a biscuit. The region is still a center of barbecue: wood-fired, pit-cooked, chopped or sliced pork traditionally served with coleslaw and hush puppies. Southern specialties such as catfish, fried green tomatoes, grits, collard greens, fried chicken, sweet potatoes, and pecan pie are also favorites.
Browse Central North Carolina Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's