- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Shelley Lake Park. Runners are drawn to this scenic 53-acre lake and its winding 2-mi paved trail. Raleigh, NC. 919/420-2331. www.raleighnc.gov/arts.
Capital Area Greenway. Nearly 40 years in the making, this series of trails links the city's parks for runners and bikers. It currently consists of 77 mi that connect 3,700 acres, but new trails open regularly. Raleigh, NC. 919/996-4776 for map. www.raleighnc.gov/arts.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe