Central North Carolina Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Central North Carolina Hotel Reviews
It's not usually a problem to find a place to stay in one of the Piedmont's resorts, bed-and-breakfasts, or motels or hotels. But during the High Point Market, a home-furnishings show held in spring and fall, tens of thousands of people descend on the area, making rooms almost impossible to find. May is graduation time for the region's colleges and universities. If you're planning on visiting the Triangle during these peak times, book accommodations well in advance. Because many of the cities in the Piedmont are destinations for business travelers, hotel rates are often much higher during the week than the weekend. You can also expect lots of up-charges in fancier business-oriented hotels for such things as breakfast, parking, and Internet fees.
Most lodging options in the Sandhills fall into the resort category; pricing plans and options are extensive and often confusing. However, there are some chain motels in Southern Pines as well as numerous B&Bs. The high seasons for golf, which bring the most expensive lodging rates, are from mid-March to mid-May and from mid-September to mid-November.
Browse Central North Carolina Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe