Central North Carolina Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Raleigh museums: More than a dozen museums and historical sites—several within an easy walk of one another—cover every aspect of North Carolina life, from its prehistoric roots to its arts achievements and sports heroes.
Old Salem: Costumed guides fill this restored village in the heart of Winston-Salem, founded by the Moravian sect in the mid-18th century.
Golf: Many of the best golf courses in the Southeast (and some would argue, in the world) surround tiny Pinehurst, a village in the Sandhills.
Wineries: North Carolina has more than 90 wineries, and many of the finest are in the Piedmont. Sample a few fine vintages in their tasting rooms.
Seagrove: This Sandhills community has been renowned for its pottery for two centuries. More than 100 potters now sell their wares, including charmingly ugly face jugs as well as mugs, plates, and other treasures.Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's