- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Duke University Golf Club. Twice host of the NCAA men's championship, this course was designed in 1957 by the legendary Robert Trent Jones; his son, Rees Jones, completed a renovation of the links in 1993. The whopping 455-yard par 4 on Hole 18 separates serious players from duffers. 3001 Cameron Blvd., at Science Dr., Durham, NC, 27705. 919/681–2288 or 800/443–3853. www.golf.duke.edu. 18 holes. 7136 yds. Par 72. Green Fee: $55–$100. Facilities: Driving range, golf carts, rental clubs, pro shop, golf academy/lessons, restaurant, bar.
Hillandale Golf Course. The oldest course in the area, Hillandale was designed by the incomparable architect Donald Ross, but then redesigned by George Cobb following the course's move in 1960. The course, with a couple of doglegs and a creek running through it, gives even experienced golfers a strategic workout. 1600 Hillandale Rd., Durham, NC, 27705. 919/286–4211. www.hillandalegolf.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. 6339 yds. Par 71. Green Fee: $20–$24. Facilities: Driving range, golf carts, rental clubs, pro shop, golf academy/lessons, restaurant, bar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's