- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Charlotte is a driver's town, but a new light-rail system has made going sans car a much more palatable option for commuters and visitors. Though its route is short and limited, the LYNX blue line is clean and fast. It runs from Uptown Charlotte, through the convention center, to Interstate 485. Check for routes and schedules at www.charmeck.org/departments/cats/lynx.
You'll be able to walk around Uptown and the historic Fourth Ward.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $135 & up -- Charlotte, N.C.: Posh Uptown Hotel, $200 Off The Westin Charlotte
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T — $104 American Airlines