- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Larkhaven Golf Club. The oldest public course in Charlotte, Larkhaven opened in 1958. Mature trees have narrowed the fairways, and there's a 60-foot elevation drop on Hole 9, a par 3. 4801 Camp Stewart Rd., Charlotte, NC, 28215. 704/545–4653. www.larkhavengolf.com. 18 holes. 6328 yds. Par 72. Green Fee: $32–$46. Facilities:Putting green, pitching area, rental clubs, golf carts, pro shop, restaurant, bar.
Paradise Valley Golf Center. This short course is perfect for players without much time: a round takes under two hours. But don't let that fool you: the course can challenge the best of them. Unique elements include two island tees. There's also a miniature golf course called the Lost Duffer set in a 19th-century mining town. 110 Barton Creek Dr., Charlotte, NC, 28262. 704/548–1808. www.charlottepublicgolf.com/paradise-valley.php. 18 holes. 1264 yds. Par 54. Green Fee: $9–$13. Facilities:Putting green, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro shop.
Woodbridge Golf Links. This semiprivate course is lovely to look at and challenging to play. You have to be careful with the water hazards; there are water features on 13 holes. 7101 Highland Creek Pkwy., Charlotte, NC, 28269. 704/875–9000. 18 holes. 7043 yds. Par 72. Green Fee: $49–$69. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pro shop, golf academy/lessons, restaurant, bar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe