- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. You can find good fishing in Charlotte's neighboring lakes and streams. A license can be bought at local bait-and-tackle shops or over the phone from the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. A 10-day, out-of-state license is $10, or $20 if you want to fish for mountain trout. Game fish in Lake Norman waters include crappie, bluegill, and yellow perch, as well as striped, largemouth, and white bass. 888/248-6834. www.ncwildlife.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's