- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
North Carolina Division of Parks and Recreation. Inlets on Lake Norman are ideal for canoeing. You can rent canoes and paddleboats for $5 for the first hour and $3 for each additional hour from the North Carolina Division of Parks and Recreation. Charlotte, NC. 704/528-6350. www.ncparks.gov.
Catawba Queen. On Lake Norman, the Catawba Queen paddle wheeler gives lunch and dinner cruises and tours. The Lady of the Lake, a 90-foot yacht, offers dinner cruises. 1459 River Hwy., Mooresville, NC, 28117. 704/663–2628. www.queenslanding.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's