- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
U.S. 220 and U.S. 64 intersect just south of Asheboro, providing easy access from all directions. The N.C. Zoo, the area's most popular attraction, is southeast of town. To reach it, follow U.S. 220 south and go east on N.C. 159.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135 & up -- Charlotte, N.C.: Posh Uptown Hotel, $200 Off The Westin Charlotte