The parish that built St. Paul's church was established in 1665. The present fieldstone-and-brick Georgian church begun in 1763 was used by British and Hessian soldiers as a military hospital during the Revolutionary War. The historic cemetery, one of the oldest in New York, contains footstones, or gravemarkers, dating back to 1704, a mass grave for Hessian soldiers, and the graves of former slaves. Guided walking tours are available. The church is in Mount Vernon, about 2 mi east of Yonkers.