- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Hiking trails, fishing ponds, carriage paths, woodlands, and lush meadows make up the more than 1,000 acres of the Rockefeller State Park Preserve, 4 mi northeast of Tarrytown. The wetlands portion is home to a number of migratory bird species, such as the scarlet tanager and northern oriole, which breed here. Panoramic views of the Hudson River can be seen from the former site of Rockwood Hall, William Rockefeller's estate. The park is open daily from 7 am to sunset; parking is $6. Rte. 117 near Rte. 9, Sleepy Hollow, NY, 10591. 914/631–1470. nysparks.state.ny.us.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's