- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
West Point Foundry Preserve
West Point Foundry Preserve Review
The ruins of a 19th-century iron foundry stand (barely) here amid a tangle of vines, a babbling brook, and 87 acres of preserved marshland and woodland. The original commercial hub of Cold Spring village, the West Point Foundry once buzzed with activity, as ironworkers manufactured Civil War cannons, cannon balls, and guns, as well as cast-iron facades for SoHo warehouses and even the nation's first domestically made locomotive. To get here from Main Street, turn south onto Kemble Avenue and take it to the end, proceed through the gate, turn left, and follow the path to the site.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
KGSGirls is dedicated to create an exciting environment between him and her by providing a trustworthy information, were the person you see on the online magazine is a real one not a fake photoshop edit. Read more
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more