- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Clarence Fahnestock Memorial State Park
At a Glance
- loop roads and trees lend privacy
- swimming, paddling, and hiking in the park
- warm-water showers
- sometimes noisy at night
Check Rates from our Partners
Clarence Fahnestock Memorial State Park Review
Choose from 80 campsites for an ideal jumping-off point to the park's hiking trails, beach, fishing, boating, and other outdoor activities. Only the first 50 sites are wooded, so call to book these well in advance (reservations are essential for these). Each simple site includes a picnic table, grill, and fire ring. There's a convenience store at Canopus Beach.
- Address: Rte. 301, ½ mi west of the Taconic State Pkwy. (Cold Spring exit), Cold Spring, NY 10512
- Phone: 800/456–2267
- Location: Cold Spring
- 80 tent sites, 28 RV sites.
- No credit cards.
- Closed mid-Dec.–mid-Apr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
I'm going to be in New York City (midtown) with my wife for a couple of days at the end of May.
We don't expect to use the subway more than a couple of times each way (going and then returning). We're Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more