- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Blue Hill at Stone Barns
Blue Hill at Stone Barns Review
This outpost of Dan Barber's famed Blue Hill restaurant (in Manhattan) occupies a barn on the grounds of Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture. The seasonal menu features the center's own produce and meats as well as the bounty of other local farms. The space is beautiful and elegant in its restraint, with high picture windows and the barn rafters. Banquettes are dressed in brown and set off against cream walls. Dinner is prix fixe, two to four courses. The exceptional menu changes frequently; you might find pea-green gazpacho, roast pork with braised bacon, or lobster-filled cannelloni. Desserts, including a molten chocolate-and-caramel cake and passion-fruit soufflé, are extra but worth it.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more