- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Portofino Ristorante Review
This out-of-the-way Italian restaurant, in an old inn on the historic postal route that once connected New York City and Albany, has a loyal following among locals and weekenders. The menu lists 25 pasta and main dishes; nightly specials add options. Baked artichokes with oregano, garlic, lemon, and butter are a good way to start your meal. A popular pasta dish combines seared sea scallops with sweet red-pepper cream sauce and basil.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off InterContinental New York Barclay
- $170-$191 -- NYC: Downtown Hotel on Weekends, Save 40% Holiday Inn Express New York City - Wall Street
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
A little history
Back in the day, (I say that because I’d rather not think of just how long it’s been) I was going to New York regularly for work. Read more
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
Me and my wife are planning to visit USA on August, and trying to build 8 days round trip from NY by car that will include Niagra Falls and Toronto.
We are looking for a nice combination o Read more
· News & Features
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more