- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Bevier House Museum
Bevier House Museum Review
Set back from U.S. 209 between the center of Stone Ridge and Hurley is the Bevier House Museum, which dates from 1690 and is the headquarters of the Ulster County Historical Society. The house is open noon–5 Thursday through Sunday from mid-May to mid-October. Among the house-tour highlights are the scullery, which contains early building and food-prep tools (some from the 17th century), and an extensive collection of Civil War artifacts, including guns, photos, drums, and uniform pieces. A small gift shop has books about local history and architecture.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
I'm going to be in New York City (midtown) with my wife for a couple of days at the end of May.
We don't expect to use the subway more than a couple of times each way (going and then returning). We're Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more