- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Bevier House Museum
Bevier House Museum Review
Set back from U.S. 209 between the center of Stone Ridge and Hurley is the Bevier House Museum, which dates from 1690 and is the headquarters of the Ulster County Historical Society. The house is open noon–5 Thursday through Sunday from mid-May to mid-October. Among the house-tour highlights are the scullery, which contains early building and food-prep tools (some from the 17th century), and an extensive collection of Civil War artifacts, including guns, photos, drums, and uniform pieces. A small gift shop has books about local history and architecture.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more