- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Noted architect Alexander Davis Jackson designed this magnificent marble mansion overlooking the Hudson River. Built in 1838, Lyndhurst is widely considered the premier Gothic Revival home in the United States. You may tour the mansion's elaborate interior and stroll the 67 landscaped acres, which include a conservatory and a rose garden. The estate also includes a turn-of-the-20th-century bowling alley and an original child's playhouse, open for children to play in today.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
A funny and mostly accurate list ... I disagree with #4 and #12 ...
Herewith, 13 ways to spot a New Yorker:
1. We're likely walking quickly past you.
2. While we're on the subject, we treat sidewalks Read more
· News & Features
Tucked into the tony Gold Coast neighborhood, the 247-room Thompson Chicago opened its doors in early ... Read more
Travel somewhere new each year, and you just might find yourself along the way.... Read more
With world-class surfing, spectacular diving, and warm local charm, Tahiti has plenty to offer prospective... Read more