- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Madam Brett Homestead
Madam Brett Homestead Review
The oldest surviving home in Dutchess County, this white-clapboard dwelling housed seven generations of the Brett family from 1709 to 1954. During the Revolutionary War the homestead was used to store military supplies, and George Washington and the Marquis de Lafayette attended a Christmas party here. Original furnishings include 18th- and 19th-century pieces; hand-hewn beams, handcrafted shingles, and wide-board floors are among the architectural details.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more