- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Hudson River Sloop Clearwater. Experience the Hudson River from aboard the Clearwater, a replica of a 19th-century Dutch sailing sloop. You'll be treated to gorgeous vistas and landmarks such as Storm King Mountain and Bannerman's Island. The three-hour sails dock at various places along the Hudson from April through mid-November. It's best to book ahead. 112 Little Market St., Poughkeepsie, NY, 12601. 845/454–7673. www.clearwater.org. $50. Apr.–Nov., weekends; call for departure times.
James Baird State Park. The 660 acres include hiking and cross-country-skiing trails; basketball, volleyball, and tennis courts; picnic areas; a playground; and a softball field. There's also a great golf course. A full-service restaurant overlooks the golf course. The park is off the Taconic Parkway 1 mi north of Poughkeepsie. 280 Club House Rd., Pleasant Valley, NY, 12569. 845/452–1489. nysparks.state.ny.us. Free. Daily dawn–dusk.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's