- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Ward Pound Ridge Reservation. The 4,700-acre reserve, 5 mi east of Katonah, is the largest park in Westchester County. More than 35 mi of deep woodland trails and cross-country-skiing, hiking, horse, mountain-biking, and nature trails crisscross the park, which encompasses picnic areas, ponds, rivers, and marshes. You can camp here, too, in Adirondack-style lean-tos or tent sites. Adjacent to a wildflower garden is the Trailside Nature Museum, a resource center that houses a collection of American Indian artifacts. Rtes. 35 and 121 South, Cross River, NY, 10518. 914/864–7317. www.westchestergov.com. Free. Park daily 8–dusk, museum Wed.–Sun. 9–4.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's