- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The relatively calm river waters close to the local shoreline make kayaking here a serene yet invigorating experience whether you're a novice or an experienced kayaker. To access Constitution Marsh, set out from the boat launch directly across the road from the Cold Spring train-station parking lot. Once you're in the water, paddle downriver a short distance to the railroad bridge, and pass under it to enter the marsh.
Hudson Valley Outfitters runs tours for beginning to advanced kayakers that include some instruction. Half-day tours are $110; full-day tours are $120. Rentals are $60 a day. 63 Main St., Cold Spring, NY, 10516. 845/265-0221. www.hudsonvalleyoutfitters.com.
At Outdoor Sports, kayak rentals start at $25. Bike rentals start at $15. 141 Main St., Cold Spring, NY, 10516. 845/265-2048.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's