- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The relatively calm river waters close to the local shoreline make kayaking here a serene yet invigorating experience whether you're a novice or an experienced kayaker. To access Constitution Marsh, set out from the boat launch directly across the road from the Cold Spring train-station parking lot. Once you're in the water, paddle downriver a short distance to the railroad bridge, and pass under it to enter the marsh.
Hudson Valley Outfitters runs tours for beginning to advanced kayakers that include some instruction. Half-day tours are $110; full-day tours are $120. Rentals are $60 a day. 63 Main St., Cold Spring, NY, 10516. 845/265-0221. www.hudsonvalleyoutfitters.com.
At Outdoor Sports, kayak rentals start at $25. Bike rentals start at $15. 141 Main St., Cold Spring, NY, 10516. 845/265-2048.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $175-$199 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $20.95 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $191-$239 -- Midtown Manhattan Hotel incl. Fourth of July — $191-$239 Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue