- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
For a touch of urban grit, arty cool, and coffeehouse grunge, head to this small river city in Dutchess County's southwestern corner. Dia:Beacon, an expansive contemporary-art museum in a former Nabisco printing plant, has put Beacon on the map. Gentrification has progressed along the eastern end of Beacon's Main Street and continues its march toward the river, bringing funky clothing boutiques, java shops, galleries, and enough antiques dealers to give neighboring Cold Spring a run for its money.
Elsewhere in The Hudson Valley
- Annandale-on-Hudson and Tivoli
- Cold Spring
- Harriman and Bear Mountain State Parks
- High Falls
- Hyde Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's