The Hudson Valley Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Around New York City with Kids
In 1609 explorer Henry Hudson sailed his ship, the Half Moon, up the great river that would later bear his name. He was seeking a shortcut from Europe to spice-rich Asia, but instead found heady treasures of a different sort—plunging rock cliffs, lush green highlands, jagged black ridges, and massive granite domes. He called it, "as pleasant a land as one can tread upon."
The majority of places to stay in the Hudson Valley are inns, bed-and-breakfasts, and small hotels, and they range from quaint to fairly luxurious. The...read more
The area is home to a slew of talented chefs, many of whom attended the Culinary Institute of America in Poughkeepsie and decided to stay close by after...read more
Things To Do in The Hudson Valley
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off InterContinental New York Barclay
- $170-$191 -- NYC: Downtown Hotel on Weekends, Save 40% Holiday Inn Express New York City - Wall Street
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
River towns. Explore New York's rich history in its charming waterfront towns and villages.... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now66° F Clear 56% Humidity June 19, 2013 at 10:45AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A little history
Back in the day, (I say that because I’d rather not think of just how long it’s been) I was going to New York regularly for work. Read more
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
Me and my wife are planning to visit USA on August, and trying to build 8 days round trip from NY by car that will include Niagra Falls and Toronto.
We are looking for a nice combination o Read more