The Hudson Valley Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Plan Your The Hudson Valley Vacation
In 1609 explorer Henry Hudson sailed his ship, the Half Moon, up the great river that would later bear his name. He was seeking a shortcut from Europe to spice-rich Asia, but instead found heady treasures of a different sort—plunging rock cliffs, lush green highlands, jagged black ridges, and massive granite domes. He called it, "as pleasant a land as one can tread upon."
The majority of places to stay in the Hudson Valley are inns, bed-and-breakfasts, and small hotels, and they range from quaint to fairly luxurious. The...read more
The area is home to a slew of talented chefs, many of whom attended the Culinary Institute of America in Poughkeepsie and decided to stay close by after...read more
Things To Do in The Hudson Valley
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now46° F Clear 53% Humidity April 21, 2014 at 8:45AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more