- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Interstates 690, 481, and 81 merge at Syracuse, which lies 5 mi south of the New York State Thruway (Interstate 90). The city is a hub for Amtrak and several bus lines. Trains and buses arrive and depart from the Regional Transportation Centre, at 131 Alliance Bank Parkway (near the Carousel Center Mall). Syracuse's airport is 7 mi northeast of downtown. The city has public buses, but a car is by far the best way to get around.
Syracuse Hancock International Airport. 1000 Col. Eileen Collins Blvd., Syracuse, NY, 13212. 315/454-4330. www.syrairport.org.
Adirondack, Pine Hill, and New York Trailways. 800/776-7548, 800/225-6815, or 800/858-8555. www.trailwaysny.com.
Greyhound. 800/231-2222. www.greyhound.com.
Megabus. 877/462-6342. www.megabus.com.
St. Joseph's Hospital Heath Center. 301 Prospect Ave., Syracuse, NY, 13203. 315/448-5111. www.sjhsyr.org.
Amtrak. 800/872-7245. www.amtrak.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe