- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Rochester Americans, an American Hockey League team, is affiliated with the National Hockey League's Buffalo Sabres. The team, nicknamed the Amerks, is a perennial contender and has won several Calder Cup championships. The season runs October to April. Ticket prices are $10-$22. Blue Cross Arena, 1 War Memorial Sq., Rochester, NY, 14614. 585/454-5335. www.amerks.com.
Some of baseball's greats—Stan Musial and Cal Ripken Jr., to name two from different eras—played for the Rochester Red Wings. The Triple-A International League team's downtown stadium is across from the High Falls entertainment district. Tickets are $6.50-$10.50. Frontier Field, 1 Morrie Silver Way, Rochester, NY, 14608. 585/423-9464. www.redwingsbaseball.com.
Soccer may be a foreign sport in much of the rest of the country, but in Rochester it's a fan favorite. The Rochester Raging Rhinos play in the A-League, a step below Major League Soccer, although they've defeated top teams many times. The season runs from May to September. Tickets are $14-$20. 460 Oak St., Rochester, NY, 14608. 585/454-5425. www.rhinossoccer.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Spectator Sports
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Rochester Fr $104+/Nt Expedia
- Save $$ in Rochester: Book Fr $169+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $110/night less
- Rochester on Sale! 7 Nts + Air as Low as $595 Travelocity
- $14.95 & up : Economy rentals in Rochester Hotwire
- Save in Rochester: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $121+/Nt — $121 Expedia