- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Greystone Golf Club, about 15 mi east of Rochester, has a 7,200-yard links-style course that features changes in elevation and undulating greens. The open landing areas belie challenges on the many memorable holes. High-season greens fees for 18 holes (with cart) are $50-$58. 1400 Atlantic Ave., Walworth, NY, 14568. 800/810-2325. www.234golf.com.
The challenging, 18-hole championship course at Mill Creek Golf Club, opened in 2005, spans 7,100 yards. There's also a short course, a pro shop, bar, and restaurant. Greens fees are $44-$64 for 18 holes with a cart. Mill Creek is 18 mi southeast of Rochester, just north of Interstate 90. 128 Cedars Ave., Churchville, NY, 14428. 585/889-4110. www.millcreekgolf.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Participant Sports
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $298-$335 -- NYC: Weekends at Stylish Midtown Hotel, 20% Off Sofitel New York
- $179 & up -- NYC Marriott Hotels thru August, 35% Off Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $48.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off — $204-$228 InterContinental New York Barclay