High Falls Heritage Area
High Falls Heritage Area Review
Stand on a bridge over the Genesee River, watch and listen to the High Falls cascading 96 feet, and feel the power that drove Rochester's flour mills in the 19th century. The Triphammer Forge, a reconstructed waterwheel, is one of the largest in the state. Frontier Field and Eastman Kodak world headquarters are across the street. The High Falls entertainment district has pubs, clubs, and restaurants, as well as frequent events in summer and a laser show every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
The High Falls Visitor Center has a museum, with interactive exhibits, that give an overview of Rochester history. 60 Brown's Race, 14614. 585/325-2030. Free. Wed.-Fri. 10-5, Sat. noon-6, Sun. 1-5.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
A few of us bought tickets to go to a Mets game on July 4 as MLB was honoring the 75th anniversary of Lou Gehrig's speech (http://www.fodors.com/community/fodorite-lounge/75-years-ago-tomorrow-lou-gehrig-made-a-great-speech.cf... Read more
Part One Manhattan Day 1 Wednesday April 30, 2014 Spring reportedly had sprung in New York City and surrounding areas, so... Read more