- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
At a Glance
- updated rooms
- close to the lake
- so-so breakfast
Check Rates from our Partners
Springside Inn Review
The red clapboard inn, built in 1851, is across the road from Owasco Lake. Guest rooms all have wood floors and Victorian antiques; some have claw-foot tubs. According to local legend, Harriet Tubman hid runaway slaves in the woods behind the inn. Guests may use the inn's dock. The restaurant, open for dinner Thursday through Saturday and brunch on Sunday, serves Continental and American fare. A five-bedroom guesthouse is also available.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
I shared in the lounge in Dec about 2 instances where people did a kindness towards me. Read more
· News & Features
The East Coast's preeminent wine region stretches in the rolling hills between the three main Finger Lakes,... Read more
Sometimes, a girl just needs to get away for the weekend for a little relaxation and rejuvenation.... Read more